Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Perpetual Groove


The first time I saw Perpetual Groove live was at Bonnaroo. I had never heard them (or even heard of them) up to that point. What resulted that evening was a show that made Bonnaroo history, and has been the subject of lore ever since. The band played for SIX HOURS STRAIGHT!!! The show started at midnight and didn't stop 'til the sun was up...I mean way up! I personally did not have the stamina to hang for six hours. I remember (barely remember) dipping out at around 4, but the morning when I woke up it was all that anyone could talk about.

The band hails from Athens, Georgia and has been around since 2001. They describe their music as "Trance Arena-Rock," which is a truly unique name for their unique sound. I personally, doubt that words can describe the experience correctly...acid induced words?...maybe, but even they cannot grasp the full scope. Their light show alone is a marvel all to itself.

The band has created a massive following internationally in the Jam Band scene, and now they are bringing their sound to the Howlin' Wolf New Orleans. So come on out on Thursday, November the 12th and get ready to have your mind blown!!

No comments:

Post a Comment